Insert and Format Charts in MS Excel
In Microsoft Office Excel 2007, you will find many new professional-looking charts to help you visualize your data and communicate it more effectively. To insert a chart:
1. On the worksheet, arrange the data that you want to use in a chart.
2. Select the cells that contain the data that you want to use for the chart.
3. On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, click the chart type, and then click a chart subtype that you want to use.
To see all available chart types, click a chart type, and then click All Chart Types. Excel will select the default formatting layout, but you can quickly modify it:
1. On the contextual Design tab, select a chart layout from the gallery to display the legend, axis, and title the way you want.
2. Select a chart style to modify color and effects.