2003 to 2007 Custom Slide Layout
The Slide Layout task pane in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 provides a number of different options for structuring your slide layout. But what if you need something a little more customized? You can create a blank slide and manually insert text boxes, charts, and pictures, but there's no easy way to reuse the same layout later in the presentation.
In Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, you can add custom layouts to the slide master, making your new layout available to you any time you need it.
1. Click the View tab, and then click Slide Master in the Presentation Views section.
2. Click Insert Layout, and then use the Insert Placeholder button to add content placeholders to your layout.
3. Right-click the layout and rename it to something easy to remember.
4. Click Close Master View to return to your presentation.
5. To apply your new layout, click the Layout list in the Slides section of the Home tab, and then click your layout.